Saturday, October 22, 2016

Cardinal - Paper Piecing

My previous project - Butterfly paper-piecing got me hooked on to the paper-piecing. It was time to do another gift project. I definitely have plans of making my own paper piecing patterns. But right now with the busy schedule, I borrowed one book from the local library. This is the book by Linda Causee and this amazing book has 365 paper piecing projects. I picked this beautiful cardinal project.

dsc_0955small   dsc_0959small

Here is my finished project. Finished  block in the book measured 7 x 7 inches. The finished wall hanging is 14 x 14 inches.  I added a bling to the eyes :-). It looks pretty in real than the picture.

dsc_0915-small    dsc_0923small

I did some echo quilting around the bird. I did straight line quilting in the rest of the places. Here is the backside of the quilt.

dsc_0928small dsc_0951

So finally, another gift is ready to be given. Even though my kids want to keep it, I assured them that there will be another bird in the house pretty soon :-).

Thank you for dropping by.

Love,

Jyothi

Will be linking this to :

  1. http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/


2. confessions of a fabric addict 

2 comments:

Hawaii Day Quilted Wall Hanging

Hello there, I am not able to blog all my sewing projects now a days. But couldn't resist myself from sharing the one I finished yest...