Friday, September 18, 2015

Summer Dress

Summer is almost over here in Michigan and I had the urge to sew a summer dress for my little princess !!!!!!. I hope you understand that we all go crazy once in a while....its my turn now ;-).

I have a designer friend, who is preparing for her ramp show. Looking at her beautiful, awesome dresses I thought of sewing some dress. I have a handy model, who is ready to wear whatever I sew for her :-).

I went through this list of Melissa's 30 days of summer dresses tutorials and found a simple pattern from "Stitched by Crystal", which I could easily follow with the materials I had.

I picked some beautiful yet modern fabrics from my stash, which I got from "intrepid thread" a while  ago. I won a gift card for this shop at Happy Quilting Melissa's QAL. Here is the picture of one of the bundles of fat quarters I picked from the shop. Their service and communication is awesome. Fabrics are exactly as shown... Julie(owner of the shop) is awesome to deal with.

DSC_0719sm

I selected three fabrics for the dress and here is the picture of the finished dress.

inchidress3inchidress5

Here is the picture of the dress with its rightful owner....and the big brother, who wanted to be a part of the picture too :-).

DSC_0561sm DSC_0596sm DSC_0566

She was running around with the dress quite comfortably. hopefully this will fit until next summer :-). If not I will definitely alter it :-). Thank You Crystal for the beautiful pattern :-).

Yesterday was Lord Ganesha Festival for Indians. We celebrated it in a simple way, yet kids had fun!!!!!!!.  May Lord Ganesha blesses and brings good luck to everyone out there :-).

chouthi picture sm

We will be moving to a new home this month end and lots to pack and prepare. So no sewing for almost for a month(hopefully I can resist from touching my machine). ....Will meet you in my next post...till then be good :-).

Love,

Jyothi

Linking this to Crazymom Quilts  and confession of a fabric addict.

 

 

 

14 comments:

Hawaii Day Quilted Wall Hanging

Hello there, I am not able to blog all my sewing projects now a days. But couldn't resist myself from sharing the one I finished yest...