Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Finished QAL Quilt Top!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!!!! we are at the final stage of Happy Quilting Melissa's Quilt-A-Long.

Its here....the quilt top I was dreaming of. I was apprehensive about my selection of background fabric...bright red. Once we started piecing, I was repenting that I would have used some other colors. I had to go with it because already 6 yards of that fabric was cut :-). But once all the blocks were put together...it looked awesomy...awesome :-))). I know..Doesn't it look great?????

dsc_0635-copy

The picture isn't that great. I am saving the good quality pictures for the final post in this Quilt Along.

A huge thanks to Melissa as it is not easy to do tutorials. It hogs up a lot of your time and she is very patient in responding to all the posts and comments. I am so glad that I went with a queen size and I can't wait to practice my newly learnt FMQ skills all over it. Hop on to Melissa's blog to look at some other gorgeous quilt tops HERE.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jyothi

Linking this post to: 1. http://www.happyquiltingmelissa.com/2016/09/summer-solstice-quilt-long-piecing-top.html

2. http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/

17 comments:

  1. Wow..it looks fabulous n cozy Jyothi di..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear QuiltingQueen,

    I loved every post on your blog. I must say that you have a wonderful flow of words in your writing and sense of humour!!!

    Loved seeing your little ones posing with your quilting creations. 😃 Kudos for all your patience and hard work. Have fun quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happyquiltingmelissaSeptember 8, 2016 at 6:56 AM

    Absolutely stunning!!! The red is just perfect!!! So pretty ;) You have done such a fantastic job throughout the entire quilt along and I am so glad you joined me :) And thank you as well for all your kind words, they mean a lot ;) Can't wait to see how you quilt it up!! Happy Quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gayathri :-). I am blushing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks beautiful! Love the red borders. Your little one is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you :-). I loved yours too ...it is beautiful without the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the red, but then it is my favourite colour so I may be biased!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your sweet comments 😃

    ReplyDelete
  9. […] I took my own sweet time to finish the quilt top I made at Melissa’s Quilt Along. I blogged here for the finished quilt […]

    ReplyDelete

Hawaii Day Quilted Wall Hanging

Hello there, I am not able to blog all my sewing projects now a days. But couldn't resist myself from sharing the one I finished yest...