Friday, May 26, 2017

Sewing for a cause

Hello there,

Hope spring is cheering you up!!!! It sure is cheering me up :-). 

2 weeks ago I was reading a post by Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl  and came to know about the busy bag sew along. This sew along was to the benefit of  sadies dream for a cure. It was a nice opportunity to brighten up a kid's day. Pattern and labels for this project are available here. I requested the kit with labels from them. 

Here is the picture of the creepy, crawly materials (;-)) I received. I remembered to take the picture after I was half-way through the project :-(.




The materials were not cut to the exact size when I received. So I had to make some adjustments as I went on. I wish I had time to sew one more with my choice of fabrics. But in the future I will be sewing for this organization for sure. 

Here is the finished bag. I had to hand bind the piping and lining together (after breaking my sewing machine needle), to make sure everything stayed in place. 





I wish and pray that the child receives this bag will recover soon and let him/her keep on smiling.

Thank you for stopping by,
Jyothi :-)


Will be linking this post to:
1.http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2017/05/big-nines-completed-quilt.html

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea - and for such a good cause too. Your bag will make some little person very happy indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Hawaii Day Quilted Wall Hanging

Hello there, I am not able to blog all my sewing projects now a days. But couldn't resist myself from sharing the one I finished yest...