Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Riley Blake's Lovey Dovey Quilt

I am very happy today that I finished the quilt I was making almost from a month. According to me I am not artistic and was always scared of making a quilt with yardage fabrics. I thought I would mess up with the color combinations. So I waiteduntilCraftsy's thanksgiving sale and bought RileyBlake'sLoveyDovey collection.My2 year old daughter is always behind purple/pink colors. So I thought this collection would make a beautiful quilt for her. As I didn't want to spoil the beauty of thosebeautifulprints, I ended up with a verysimplefour patch block and a single block . All finished blocks were 10" in size. I am very happy the way quilt came out.


The very  important part that I am proud of is "the quilting part", which was done using my little walking foot. I am very excited and proud of myself for the it came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





My backing had very large floral prints (bought during thanksgiving sale) and didn't match with main fabric collection at all. Instead of spending some more dollars on the fabric I added a strip of striped collections and joined it in the middle.

Last but not the least, I wanted a biased binding. I struggled with it and wasted some fabric. But at the end I am very happy how it came out :-).

Did I forget to mention?????? This is my third quilt. I made one t-shirt quilt in a quilting class. Second quilt (9 patch block) was a baby quilt made for my nephew. This is the first quilt where I came out of my comfort zone and quilted!!!!!!!!!!!!



Well........... my kids wanted to be a part of the picture ;-)


Happy sewing and will come back with another post soon.

signing off now.......

Love, Jyothi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hawaii Day Quilted Wall Hanging

Hello there, I am not able to blog all my sewing projects now a days. But couldn't resist myself from sharing the one I finished yest...