Friday, April 21, 2017

Illusion quilt block

Almost a year ago I came across some illusion pictures. First thing I wanted to do was to make an illusion quilt. There was this picture, which haunted me for a while. Picture of a vase/candle stand, created the illusion of 2 faces.

I wanted to avoid applique works and tried paper piecing, curved piecing...but none of them gave the look of applique work. But after almost a year, I ended up with the applique work.

Here is the front and back of the finished quilted block.



I ended up with a very small block of 11"x 9". I might have done the block little bigger...but it looks good as it is for now... It will be a nice wall hanging.

Hope you will stare at the picture twice !!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend :-).

Jyothi

 

Linking this to:

http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Hawaii Day Quilted Wall Hanging

Hello there, I am not able to blog all my sewing projects now a days. But couldn't resist myself from sharing the one I finished yest...